Thursday, March 8, 2007

I thought I would add a quick note to let you know about the new and cute things the kids are doing these days.
Isaac is getting to be a "big boy" in his own words. He is quickly learning his colors and regularly tells me when I may "stop" and "go" while driving. He watches everything Brett and I do and often is found repeating said phrases and actions. Today when I put his shoe on he said "good job mommy". Yesterday he got into a storage cabinet where I keep his craft supplies and other items. He found his bubbles and preceded to try and drink some. When I walked into the kitchen and saw the open bottle I asked him if he drank the bubbles. He turned and started to say Yes when a gigantic bubble came out of his mouth, giving away his secret. It was soooo funny. Everytime he tried to talk bubbles would come out. So being a good mom I grabbed the video camera before washing out his mouth and got a cute shot of him blowing his bubbles. Makes me laugh even thinking about it a day later. What a boy.
Amelia is regularly standing up in the center of the room by herself. She has great control but still won't try and walk on her own. She occasionally has been coaxed into taking one step but she prefers to crawl. I can't blame her because she is pretty darn speedy.
Amelia also tries to say new words. "All done" is one of her favorites. She says mommy, daddy, thank you and nose (and on occasion sticks her finger in it). She also just started folding her arms for prayers which is very cute. She has a very loud (reminds me of a younger daniel) voice that is kind of deep and bellowy (i guess it's the layton in her). She can be very dramatic and is often seen throwing her head on the floor and kicking her feet when upset. I hope this will pass since I ignore it when it happens. She is a very funny girl.
I hope somehow everyone can get together this summer. I really miss seeing my cute nephews (and of course Lizzy too). Brett and I are willing to travel so let us know your plans. Love ya all. Cora

3 comments:

Flee said...

Those are the funniest stories ever! He was really blowing bubbles with his mouth? and she picks her nose! HA! I love it! Can't wait to see you guys!

jamie said...

okay, seriously those are such cute stories. it makes me so excited for walker to talk. it's just 24/7 entertainment, i'm sure. :) and yeah, when are we going to get together? we're in for whatever. :)

Jen said...

It's pretty hard to get me laughing outloud like I did when I'm alone at the computer, but you did it with that bubble story. Every time I picture him looking at you with that guilty face and then the bubble sliding out....too funny!